Joining the Church
All are welcome to join us remotely on Sunday and Wednesday mornings for worship, teaching and encouragement. For those who want to commit to become part of our church family we operate a church membership process.
Church membership is for people who want to identify Solihull Christian Fellowship (SCF) as their Church Family. God has given SCF a specific call to be family, and family is a relationship and a relationship requires a decision. We demonstrate that decision through church membership.
You’re ready to start thinking about becoming part of the SCF church family when you have:
• Committed your life to Christ, and are on a journey through life as His disciple.
• Experienced something of SCF as a church and as a body of people.
• Made a decision that you want to consider becoming part of our family.
To give you a little more of an idea of what we mean, watch this short film.
Where there is no vision the people perish. The Elders of SCF have sought the Lord and God has given us a specific vision. That vision starts with people who are growing deeper as disciples of Jesus Christ; people who will go on to demonstrate transformed lives. These transformed lives will become evident to others, who will then also come to know Jesus Christ for themselves.
God has given SCF a specific calling and vision:
- Members of SCF will grow (stronger and deeper) as disciples of Christ: everything starts with, and is covered by, prayer;
- People will see Christ-in-us transform lives:** people will experience Christ-in-us transforming lives and communities;
- The Bridge is to be a light in the community (Isaiah 60:1): SCF will reach people physically, socially and spiritually;
- Everyone will know about The Bridge and SCF: everyone will know of The Bridge and SCF and be clear who we are;
- Government and community agencies will come to us for help & support: local schools, our MP, the police and local institutions.
The Elders continually seek God’s wisdom through The Bible and through prayer. As a church we are also fully committed to the priesthood of all believers and expect God to speak into and through everyone – regardless of age – within our church family.
- Continually listen to God:
- Grow as followers of Jesus;
- Be a loving church:
- Be committed to “walk in the light”
- Be a radical church.